Farmers’ Market Membership
The BC Association of Farmers’ Markets represents over 145+ authentic farmers’ markets in communities across BC. We are committed to developing and strengthening the capacity of farmers’ markets through training, promotion, education, research and advocacy.
We offer our member farmers’ markets:
- Education, strengthening and networking opportunities
- Marketing, promotions and public engagement
- Research and advocacy to support farmers’ markets in BC
- Influence on key decisions
- Access to special pricing and programs
- A voice in the future of BC’s farmers’ markets and local food systems
How to Apply for Farmers’ Market Membership
2023 – New Applicants
- Review the BCAFM Bylaws, BCAFM Constitution and BCAFM Farmers’ Market Membership Program Policy to assess eligibility (see Farmers’ Market Member Eligibility below).
- Complete the online application (link below).
- Once BCAFM reviews your application and if you are approved, you will be emailed instructions how to pay your annual membership fee.
NOTE: If you are interested in applying after April 1, 2023, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 – membership renewal
If you were a farmers’ market member in good standing in 2022 and wish to renew your membership, please do so using the link that BCAFM sent you. If you did not receive a renewal reminder email, please email us at email@example.com.
A minimum of 72 hours notice is required for a full refund (minus a 2% processing fee ie. $1.50) and minus a $10 administrative fee.
Farmers’ Market Member Eligibility
For up to date information about Farmers’ Market Member eligibility and criteria, see:
About Farmers’ Market Membership Application or Renewal
- BCAFM Farmers’ Market Membership is annual, and the membership year begins April 1st.
- BCAFM Farmers’ Market Membership annual fees can be found here.
- If you have questions about membership or eligibility, please contact BCAFM. All new applicants should contact BCAFM before applying.
1. online market listing on BC Farmers’ Market Trail Directory
Get your market listed in the definitive online guide to BC farmers’ markets, including 145+ member farmers’ markets across the province: bcfarmersmarkettrail.com
The BC Farmers’ Market Trail is a collaborative initiative that makes it easy for tourists and locals to find fresh, local, in-season food and artisan goods at local farmers’ markets.
2. Access to Special Pricing
As a member, you are eligible to receive reduced rates on workshops, webinars and conferences.
Farmers’ Market Members may also be eligible to receive group rates on farmers’ market commercial general liability insurance starting at $350 per annum for up to $5 million coverage from the Co-operators.
3. Access to Special Programs
BCAFM members can apply to participate in special programs and campaigns including the BC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Coupon Program, province-wide marketing campaigns, research and capacity building activities.
4. Use of Farmers’ Market Signs on Highways
Access to Ministry of Highways approved sign(s) for your BCAFM urban farmers market.
5. Receive the BC Farmers’ Markets Newsletter
Stay up to date on resources, funding opportunities, best practices, and the latest BCAFM activities. Our Newsletter shares timely and practical tips to help your farmers’ market grow. An excellent source of information on new programs. Check out the latest edition.
6. BCAFM Listserve
Members can seek advice, inspiration and ideas from their farmers’ market peers on the BCAFM’s listserv.
7. Right to Vote!
Shape the future direction of the BCAFM and BC farmers’ markets by voting on important matters at the AGM or joining the Board of Directors.
Apply or Renew Your Farmers' Market Membership
BCAFM Farmers' Market Membership is annual, and the membership year begins April 1st. New applicants are encouraged to contact BCAFM before applying.APPLY/RENEW NOW