Farmers’ Market Membership
The BC Association of Farmers’ Markets represents over 145+ authentic farmers’ markets in communities across BC. We are committed to developing and strengthening the capacity of farmers’ markets through training, promotion, education, research and advocacy.
- Education, strengthening and networking opportunities
- Marketing, promotions and public engagement
- Research and advocacy to support farmers’ markets in BC
- Influence on key decisions
- Access to special pricing and programs
- A voice in the future of BC’s farmers’ markets and local food systems
- Review the BCAFM Bylaws, BCAFM Constitution and BCAFM Farmers’ Market Membership Program Policy to assess eligibility (see Farmers’ Market Member Eligibility below).
- Complete the online application (link below).
- Once BCAFM reviews your application and if you are approved, you will be emailed instructions how to pay your annual membership fee.
NOTE: If you are interested in applying after April 1, 2022, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
If you were a farmers’ market member in good standing in 2021 and wish to renew your membership, please do so using the link that BCAFM sent you. If you did not receive a renewal reminder email, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your market listed in the definitive online guide to BC farmers’ markets, including 145+ member farmers’ markets across the province: bcfarmersmarkettrail.com
The BC Farmers’ Market Trail is a collaborative initiative that makes it easy for tourists and locals to find fresh, local, in-season food and artisan goods at local farmers’ markets.
As a member, you are eligible to receive reduced rates on workshops, webinars and conferences.
Farmers’ Market Members may also be eligible to receive group rates on farmers’ market commercial general liability insurance starting at $350 per annum for up to $5 million coverage from the Co-operators.
BCAFM members can apply to participate in special programs and campaigns including the BC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Coupon Program, province-wide marketing campaigns, research and capacity building activities.
Stay up to date on resources, funding opportunities, best practices, and the latest BCAFM activities. Our Newsletter shares timely and practical tips to help your farmers’ market grow. An excellent source of information on new programs. Check out the latest edition.
Members can seek advice, inspiration and ideas from their farmers’ market peers on the BCAFM’s listserv.
Shape the future direction of the BCAFM and BC farmers’ markets by voting on important matters at the AGM or joining the Board of Directors.
Apply or Renew Your Farmers' Market Membership
BCAFM Farmers' Market Membership is annual, and the membership year begins April 1st. New applicants are encouraged to contact BCAFM before applying.APPLY/RENEW NOW