2020 Workshops & Networking Events
We are in the process of building an exciting program of workshops. Check out our preliminary schedule for more details!
Stay tuned for more details.
SOCIAL MEDIA DAY CAMP
Presented by: Rhythm Club (Evie Lavers)
● Create easy, engaging and impressive content that WORKS
● Develop your brand narrative that connects with your community!
● How to build your brand kit/press kit (will include a short piece on press releases)
● Understand and optimize your Facebook Business Page
● Everything Instagram (Profile, hashtags, stories & ads)
● Social media & your mental health
We are seeking information-packed, relevant and engaging workshops for our annual conference, Foresight 2020: The Future is Local. We welcome your submission and invite you to share your expertise, experience and passion with the BC farmers’ markets community.
The conference features three days packed full of networking, workshops and learning, bringing together farmers’ market managers, board of directors, farmers, vendors, partners and community stakeholders.
Submission Deadline: Extended until Sunday, January 19, 2020.
- Workshop sessions will run for 75 minutes
- Between 25-60 people will attend each session
- We welcome a variety of workshop formats, including panels, interactive sessions or individual presentations
We are a non-profit organization and do our best to keep conference expenses as low as possible. We value the skills and expertise of our presenters. The following are potentially available to support your presentation:
- One free conference registration for the first presenter and a discount for additional presenters, or
- Modest honorarium or trade show space, or
- Limited reimbursement of travel costs
How to submit a proposal:
- A short bio of the presenter(s), detailing their experience and qualifications on the topic
- Intended audience (i.e. market managers, non-profit board members, farmers, vendors)
- Workshop title and description
- What you expect the attendees to learn as a result of your workshop (i.e. take aways, learning objectives)
- All sessions are learning experiences and are non-commercial
- Sessions should include some interactive or experiential elements, as appropriate
- The 2020 conference theme this year is Foresight 2020: The Future is Local. We will accept proposals that are aligned with that theme, as well as other topics that are targeted for market manager, board members, farmer/rancher vendors, and market vendors.