We are passionate about local food and helping markets, farmers and small businesses grow so local food continues to thrive.
The BCAFM is committed to developing and strengthening the capacity of farmers’ markets in all regions of British Columbia. Our key areas of focus are:
- Providing education and training to market boards, managers and vendors
- Helping promote farmers’ markets to the public and key industry stakeholders
- Educating the public to choose healthy British Columbia grown agricultural products to ensure a secure food system, to reduce the carbon footprint and to ensure the viability of farming into the future
- Initiating and managing research and development activities
- Delivering a unified industry voice for all British Columbia farmers’ markets
See our constitution and bylaws for more information.
To support, develop and promote farmers' markets in British Columbia.