The BCAFM is here to serve the needs of our member farmers’ markets. We are committed to developing and strengthening the capacity of farmers' markets in all regions of British Columbia, so you, our members can continue to support local farmers and artisans and provide British Columbians with fresh healthy local food. Learn more.
Farmers' Market Awards - Best of 2016
The annual Farmers' Market Awards recognizes outstanding farmers’ markets, market managers, vendors, and volunteers that are exemplary in adding value to their communities and the farmers' market sector. All nominees were judged by a committee representing BCAFM partners and stakeholders across BC. Recipients were honoured during the Farmers' Market Awards ceremony at the 2017 BCAFM Conference on Saturday, March 4, 2017. Congratulations to the winners!
- Farmers’ Market of the Year (Large): Coquitlam Farmers Market
- Farmers’ Market of the Year (Medium): Creston Valley Farmers' Market
- Farmers’ Market of the Year (Small): McLeese Lake Farmers' Market
- Farmers’ Market Manager of the Year (tie): Jen Comer (Creston Valley Farmers' Market); and Julia Zado (Coquitlam Farmers Market)
- Farmers’ Market Vendor of the Year: Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm
- Volunteer of the Year: Gwen Settle (Abbotsford Farm & Country Market)