The BCAFM is here to serve the needs of our member farmers’ markets. We are committed to developing and strengthening the capacity of farmers' markets in all regions of British Columbia, so you, our members can continue to support local farmers and artisans and provide British Columbians with fresh healthy local food. Learn more.
Strengthening Farmers' Markets Workshops
Market Management Certificate Program
The purpose of the Market Management Certificate program is to assist and provide direct support to farmers’ markets in order for them to:
October 18, 2016 - March 21, 2017
- Understand market management best practices
- Grow markets more sustainably
- Develop a pool of revenue-creation ideas for markets
- Keep agricultural land in production
- Inspire and motivate you in your work
- Feel better supported and connected with each other
- Achieve your market's goals
Intended Audience:Market managers, coordinators, board members, and key volunteers.
Webinars 1 & 2: Market Management Best Practices
- Part 1: Tues. Oct. 18 @ 12-1:30pm
- Part 2: Tues. Oct. 25 @ 12-1:30pm
- Group Discussion: Tues. Nov. 1 @ 6-7pm
- Part 1: Tues. Nov. 15 @ 12-1:30pm
- Part 2: Tues. Nov. 22 @ 12-1:30pm
- Group Discussion: Tues. Dec. 6 @ 6-7pm
- Part 1: Tues. Jan. 10 @ 12-1:30pm
- Part 2: Tues. Jan. 17 @ 12-1:30pm
- Group Discussion: Tues. Jan. 24 @ 6-7pm
- Part 1: Tues. Feb. 7 @ 12-1:30pm
- Part 2: Tues. Feb. 14 @ 12-1:30pm
- Group Discussion: Tues. Feb. 21 @ 6-7pm
- Part 1: Tues. March 7 @ 12-1:30pm
- Part 2: Tues. March 14 @ 12-1:30pm
- Group Discussion: Tues. March 21 @ 6-7pm
- Single attendee: $200
- Group rate (2+ attendee from the same market): $165 per person
- Includes: 10 webinars, 5 group discussions, access to recorded webinars, learning materials and resources
Individual webinars: $30 each
- Includes: one webinar plus group discussion, access to the recorded webinar, learning materials and resources
A participant will be awarded a certificate based on attendance of at least 8 of the 10 webinars. Attendance is based on either participating in the live webinars or viewing the recorded webinar by a specific date. We kindly ask that you do not share the video links.
Cancellation Policy:A minimum of 72 hours notice is required for a full refund (minus a 2% processing fee) and minus a $10 administrative fee. Those registered for the full certificate program must cancel 72 hours before Webinar 1. Those registered for individual webinars must cancel 72 hours prior to their selected webinar date.
What Past Participants Have to Say:
- "I found the webinars very helpful. I feel like I approach my work with more understanding and thoughtfulness of the "big picture" working within a market."
- "I really engaged with the webinars' content and feel very empowered as a newer market manager to have a solid base to work from."
- "I learned a lot. Sharing best practices with others is very valuable."
- "Thank you for giving us this opportunity to gain all the valuable information that has been compiled over the years in a few months. Amazing course and teacher."
- "I appreciate the ability to share ideas with the group, I find it extremely important to know how other markets operate and be able to incorporate a mixture of ideas that would works for our market. I found Michelle to be an engaging facilitator."
- "We have used some of the tactics suggested in a few areas of our organization, specifically the planning and evaluation tools. The supplemental information and examples is very helpful."