The BCAFM is here to serve the needs of our member farmers’ markets. We are committed to developing and strengthening the capacity of farmers' markets in all regions of British Columbia, so you, our members can continue to support local farmers and artisans and provide British Columbians with fresh healthy local food. Learn more.
Calendar of Events
An easy-to-use program to help BC food processors meet today’s higher food safety standards.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of HACCP
- Be able to identify high risk foods, and high risk processes
Demonstrate a basic understanding of Control Methods used in a HACCP Plan:
- Prerequisite Programs (PPs)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Be able to implement key monitoring procedures
- Introduce Preventative Control Plans (PCP)
The topics will be addressed with a combination of both instructor lead discussion and group activities.
Group activities that will be used:
- Hazard description exercise: Useful as review of hazard types and hazards associated with your job.
- Key definitions and how they relate to job: Examples: Task, Monitor, Corrective Action, CCP and SOP
- Record Review Activity: Discussion of Say What You Do, Do What You Say, Prove It aspect of HACCP implementation. Demonstration with suitable example of a record. Simulate an audit situation.
Date: April 28, 2017
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Location: 9734 201st Street, Langley BC V1M 3E8 ( Roofing Contractors Association of BC )
Fee: $150.00 + GST per participant * SSFPA Members receive a 20% discount. Group Discounts available for participants from the same company. For more information and to register for the workshop - Email: email@example.com or call toll free: 866-473-7372
Instructor: Nancy Ross, Ross Food Consulting Inc.
Note: Light refreshments provided for stretch breaks. Suggest that participants bring a bag lunch or step out to a local restaurant for lunch.